PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the expectations

siss
09-26-2011, 04:20 PM
The oline sucks :rant:.
The defense is old.
The QB should get divorced because he plays better when he's single (I'm actually hearing this from fans, but I would bet the first born these were the same fans who were yelling for him to get married last year)
We don't have a secondary.
Fire Airans
We need a fullback!
Mike Tomlin sucks!

:pin::censored::yell::frusty::mad:

Thats just a few of things I've heard from Steeler Nation.

I had high expectations for this season. I'm just going to lower my expectation for the season. We won't go 13-3. Ben won't be MVP. Steelers are not going to the Super Bowl and Dick LeBeau isn't going to retire...he will be fired at the end of the year.

The O-line coach is a bum. I say cut them all and bring in turn stiles. Ben will be lucky to make it threw the season the way the oline has played. My two year old son could do better.

((((((((Think of this post as reverse psychology!))))))))))))))))

Moose
09-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Great....only the 3rd week, bring in your 2yr old son ! Anything is worth trying at this point.

Spike
09-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Steelers won't go 13-3 because they are going 14-2!

reeling off 7 wins in a row at the end

whata bunch of wussies

and yes, Ben played better when he was chasing down skirts in smoky bars, kept him more alert for flying beer bottles and blindside attacks

fansince'76
09-27-2011, 01:41 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/12/129156051954645220.jpg

:chuckle:

Craic
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/12/129156051954645220.jpg

:chuckle:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7rglhfqVaTyrWb04_Hdj9SXeoPriqX Ne4IhX2J06pucgDMy_SjA

steel striker
09-27-2011, 08:17 PM
So this is how this season is going to be? It could be the best season ever but, alot of people around here seem to want it to be the worst. Well not me! Was it over when the German's bombed Peril Habor?? HELL NO AND IT'S NOT OVER NOW!!! WHO'S WITH ME?
Look in 2008 alot of the samethings are back and, the steelers overcame that much like last year no Ben to start the season, o-line was a MASH unit. There is still time to right the ship come on guys have some freaking faith. We got the Texans this week and we are going to crush their skulls in I'm tired of people going oh no the sky is falling. We are steeler nation let's start acting like it. I know there are issues and, last time I checked we won the game on Sunday night. Remember no style points so LET'S GO.

Count Steeler
09-27-2011, 09:07 PM
So this is how this season is going to be? It could be the best season ever but, alot of people around here seem to want it to be the worst. Well not me! Was it over when the German's bombed Peril Habor?? HELL NO AND IT'S NOT OVER NOW!!! WHO'S WITH ME?
Look in 2008 alot of the samethings are back and, the steelers overcame that much like last year no Ben to start the season, o-line was a MASH unit. There is still time to right the ship come on guys have some freaking faith. We got the Texans this week and we are going to crush their skulls in I'm tired of people going oh no the sky is falling. We are steeler nation let's start acting like it. I know there are issues and, last time I checked we won the game on Sunday night. Remember no style points so LET'S GO.

I can appreciate the rah rah sis boom ba. However, in 2 games against somewhat worthy opponents (forget about the Seahawks) we have looked less than spectacular. In fact woeful at times. That first game against the Ravens lowered the bar way too much. We are losing the battle at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. Our O Line is especially woeful, but the D Line has not been anything special thus far either.

Glimmers of hope?

1) Troy was finally allowed to be Troy in the 4th quarter at Indy. Time to let Timmons, Woodley and Harrison loose as well.
2) Brown, Wallace and Ward. Especially Wallace, have been performing at or above expectations.
3) Ben has been Ben, with time and space he will make a play. When he has a DE in his back pocket, he will turnover the ball.

What is especially disheartening is the fact now, that Tomlin would consider starting Scott again. He better not be left alone when blocking another player. He is in way over his head.

And BTW, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.